Also from the NCJB site:
The Top 10 Beach Bummers
Twenty four beaches statewide received an “F” grade in dry weather during the 2007-2008 Beach Report Card.
The ten worst “Beach Bummers” in California (starting with the worst) are:
1. Avalon Harbor Beach on Catalina Island (Los Angeles County)
2. Santa Monica Municipal Pier (Los Angeles County)
3. Poche Beach (Orange County)
4. North Beach Doheny (Orange County)
5. Marie Canyon Drain at Puerco Beach (Los Angeles County)
6. Cabrillo Beach harborside (Los Angeles County)
7. City of Long Beach — multiple locations (Los Angeles County)
8. Campbell Cove State Park Beach (Sonoma County)
9. Clam Beach County Park near Strawberry Creek (Humboldt County)
10. Pismo Beach Pier (San Luis Obispo County)
For a detailed look at beach results for each county and report methodology, please refer to our complete report. A PDF version is available http://www.healthebay.org.