To join Surfrider, click here. Don’t forget to select “Humboldt Chapter 24” as your chapter !
- Because you care about the ocean.
- Because you care about the beach.
- Because you care about the waves.
- Because you care about water quality.
- Because you care about trash on the sand and in the sea.
- Because you care about marine life.
- Because you care about preserving access to public resources.
- Because you want to ensure someone’s paying attention to the issues facing Humboldt’s coastline.
Surfrider Foundation’s Humboldt Chapter strives to keep our beaches and ocean a cleaner place to be. We’re partnering with other organizations toward that goal, as well as working on our own Rise Above Plastics campaign. We’re improving access and amenities at popular beaches. We hold regular beach and highway clean-ups. We’re represented on local wave energy projects. We keep surfers and other ocean lovers informed as to issues facing the North Coast.
Goals for Humboldt Surfrider:
- Continue working on Rise Above Plastics.
- Identify water quality testing gaps, particularly on the Samoa peninsula and in the Trinidad area, and work to fill them.
- Continue ensuring and improving access and amenities at Moonstone Beach by working with the property owner, the county and the North Coast Land Trust to install signage, Dogi-pots and a new shower for the community.
- Continue cleaning up beaches and our stretch of highway.
- Continue hosting super fun events to raise money for our projects — and to thank our awesome members!